Monday 6 December 2021

Timbarra Park

Timbarra Park has metal sculptures of a cow and a scarecrow in a farmyard themed park. Not a very inspiring park for sketching but pleasant enough on what was a surprisingly cold summer day. This was a Christmas meet and the last for the year with Casey Sketcher friends (most are present or past members of my sketch class for Casey U3A).

The main subjects were done on-location but the heading, text block and spot illustrations were added at home to complete the 2 page spread.


My page layout was inspired by what I learnt in the course Sketchbook Design offered by Sydney sketcher Liz Steel. While the final result always looks better with the added elements, my rendition of these extras can look stiff and I lose the freshness of work done on-location. This is a problem I will have to work on.

#Sailorfude pen, watercolour, #Stillman&Birn Beta Sketchbook, 7.5”x 7.5”

No comments:

Post a Comment