Friday 31 December 2021

Last Sketch for 2021

As the last sketch for 2021, I thought I'd record my life in the past week. 

Starting first with the plastic container of excellent homemade cookies, brought all the way from Singapore by old school friends who had come to spend Christmas with family who live in Melbourne. It was brave of them to travel in this time of Covid but they made it (bar having to home quarantine after someone on their flight tested positive). This type of plastic container filled with cookies are a usual feature during Chinese New Year. It was really nice to have these friends pop in for lunch with their family, cookies in hand!


I have been under the weather since Boxing Day with a sinus complaint. Our friendly pharmacist dosed me up with stronger decongestants so that box of pills had to be sketched too. 

As there was so much red/orange on the page, it seemed a good idea to go the whole hog and make the page ALL red objects! Adding the lovely red Poinsettia given to me by a friend filled the page nicely!

Red is an auspicious colour so here's to 2022!

Ending the year on a poem I like –

"For last year's words belong to last year's language

And next year's words await another voice

And to make an end is to make a beginning". 

– T.S. Elliott

#Sailorfude pen, watercolour, #Moleskine Sketchbook, 3.5" x 5.5” 

No comments:

Post a Comment