Saturday 6 April 2019

Gladysdale Bakehouse & Blue Lotus Water Gardens

The Gladysdale Bakehouse – good food and picturesque views (loved their faux distressed table tops) before a visit to the Blue Lotus Water Gardens in Yarra Junction, north east of Melbourne, Australia.



The lotus and waterlily ponds at the Water Gardens were impressive, as was their garden shop but not the tacky Chinese pavilions and "Balinese" setting of one area (complete with concrete crocodiles). 

I was interested in sketcher Liz Steel’s blog post of 13 Feb “Should I add colour to my sketch” and the discussion that ensued. (See: www.lizsteel.com). I ran out of time with this sketch done at the Blue Lotus Water Gardens and added colour at home. I prefer my unpainted version. As always for me (with brown ink at least) some of the more interesting line work has been obliterated by my watercolour. Perhaps I should stick to black ink when I use watercolour?




Marker pens, watercolour, #MoleskineWatercolourAlbum, 5x8”.

No comments:

Post a Comment