Monday 3 July 2023

Singapore Shopfront Challenge No. 123

I've just added the finishing touches to an experiment – painting into wet paper and to see how I would tackle a scene with lots of details while working in a sketchy style. Phew, I don't think I'll try it again!


As you've probably guessed, I'm intrigued with the Singapore Shopfront architectural style. To read more on this style of architecture and my personal connection with it, see my previous blog posts:

1) Utopia Apparel in Haji Lane

2) Four more Shopfront Challenges

Thanks Alice Lim (#eureca1 #eurekawanders #singaporeshopfrontchallenge) for the photo (Heng Moh Seng No.123) and the weekly challenge to draw these iconic buildings. 

#Sailorfude pen, watercolour, #Stillman&Birn Zeta Sketchbook, 7.5”x 7.5”

#singaporeshopfront


No comments:

Post a Comment