Tuesday 30 November 2021

A Nature Journal

With our movements curtailed due to Covid I decided at the start of Spring 2021 to document our garden over the next 12 months. There is just so much to observe when you take the time, I can hardly keep up! 

In a way I’m returning to my early natural science training and enjoying it now through an artists’ lens. I've kept artist and travel journals but never a nature journal. It's opened a whole new exciting world for me. 

I'm not a botanical illustrator and don't aspire to be one. I enjoy a freer depictions of nature.

Today is the first day of summer. Here are a few sketches from spring.

The Yarrow is finally producing flowers.






The Yarrow was done with #Sailorfude pen, watercolour, #Fabriano Artistico Hot Press Watercolour paper.

The rest, #Sailorfude pen, watercolour, #Stillman&Birn Beta Sketchbook, 8.5”x 5.5”

No comments:

Post a Comment