Sunday 26 July 2020

Room with a View

In the excitement to understand my new sketchbook last month (a Stillman & Birn Zeta), I completely forgot to post the sketch – a view into our neighbour's backyard on a gloomy winter afternoon. 

I miss our neighbour who passed away last year, he was 96, a WWII veteran. He used to give us lemons from a tree (just behind the fence). Once Sharna climbed the fence and helped herself! We now have a new neighbour, hopefully he will supply us with lemons too. 



In the distance is Wilson Hill one of the locations used in the filming of the 1959 movie “On the Beach” starring Gregory Peck and Ava Gardner! Behind that hill is Wilson Botanic Park, a former old quarry. The park is used for fossil studies and was thought to once lie below the ocean. 

I've used an S&B Alpha Sketchbook and a Beta but as to thoughts on the Zeta...I'll reserve judgment until I get a better feel for it. All I can say is that despite being described as being like Hot Press watercolour paper it is not a substitute for Fabriano Hot Press which I just love. 

I do however like that this new sketchbook is my favourite shape – SQUARE!


#Sailorfude pen, watercolour, #Stillman&Birn Zeta Sketchbook, 7.5”x 7.5”



No comments:

Post a Comment