Sunday 21 June 2020

52 Brisbane Street

This is the second building in my Hoddle Grid (Berwick) Project – documenting buildings about to be demolished in my neighbourhood. See my January 2020 post for a description of the project. 

This is 52 Brisbane St. For the last 3 years or so it has had a really unkept garden (even when still occupied), all signs of impending demolition. I sketched it a couple of months ago when it was obviously no longer occupied. What interested me most about this property was the expanse of unmowed lawn (covered with a sea of yellow dandelions), so atypical of the neighbourhood...and the view of the hill beyond.












#Sailorfude pen, watercolour, homemade concertina sketchbook, 7 1/2" x 21".
#berwickhoddlegrid #52BrisbaneSt






No comments:

Post a Comment