Friday 7 June 2024

Japanese Windflowers

This very overworked negative painting piece was an experiment but it's good enough to be one for my garden journal.


In March 2021 I planted three Japanese Windflowers (single pink) in a garden bed. They spread so well I was afraid they would take over the whole garden and consequently dug up a good many. I needn't have bothered because the three 40 plus degree days this past summer killed most of the remaining ones off and now I'm glad to have just a few survivors to nurture. Their simple flower heads are so pretty against our brick garden wall and the way they sway in the wind is a delight. Hopefully they will now fill this bed in the shade of a Crepe Myrtle tree before the next summer's heat does it's natural culling.

#Sailorfude pen, watercolour,#Stillman&Birn Beta Sketchbook, 8.5 x 5.5”.

No comments:

Post a Comment