Tuesday 24 October 2023

Sketching from Cars

These days, what I sketch and the tools I use are determined by our present life circumstances. Opportunities for long dedicated sketch sessions have become few and far between so I sketch wherever I am, whatever I can see in the limited time allotted. 

Acupuncture, Traditional Chinese Herbal Medicine, Physiotherapy, Audiology... Here's two of a cluster of paramedical establishments housed in what were once private homes. Oh and it was blue bin collection day today (for recycling collection). 

This sketch was done from the car while waiting for my spouse who was at a physiotherapist appointment. I'm loving the random pre-coloured sketchbook page technique! Just the shot for adding interest to a sketch when time is short. 


Here are two more sketches from the car while waiting for my spouse again. Looking across at an ENT clinic housed in a renovated old private home. When last I sketched this scene 2 weeks ago the tree was completely bare (see above sketch). It's now covered in white blooms! 

This next sketch is looking into Buchanan Park from the car park of the adjoining medical clinic.

#Sailorfude pen,#MoleskineWatercolourNotebook, 8.25”x 5", Handbook Journal 5.5" x 5.5".


No comments:

Post a Comment