Saturday 11 March 2023

The Berwick Inn

The Berwick Inn (in the outer Melbourne suburb of Berwick) dates back to 1857. I don’t know when these trees were planted but Casey Council is planning to remove them. Apparently they are diseased...? That big TAB sign post should never have been allowed and now there's talk of replacing it with a neon version! All this despite public protests.



I did most of the sketch on Thursday but went back the next day to add some finishing touches. This is always risky as I then tend to overwork the sketch which I did.  Being out sketching did give me the opportunity to "calm my soul" while I waited for news of my spouse who was in hospital for a procedure. Glad to say he came through it successfully and was home the next day. 

I will sketch the older section of the Berwick Inn next time.

#Sailorfude pen, watercolour, #Stillman&Birn Beta Sketchbook, 7.5”x 7.5”.  #UrbanSketchers #BerwickInn


No comments:

Post a Comment