Sunday 4 December 2022

A Short Trip to Ballarat

A short trip to Ballarat,  a small city west of Melbourne. This was the first time we've taken the VLine (country train), a one and half hour trip. J attended a conference, I got to sketch and interesting breakfasts at Lola’s where the decor and crockery was all BLUE. 


These are views from Sturt St, Ballarat on a very cold, drizzly day. As I learnt, Ballarat being in the central highlands of Victoria has a reputation for being very cold! I went to eat at the same cafe twice in order to finish this page spread. The Titanic Bandstand is a memorial commemorating the musicians lost in the SS Titanic disaster of 1912. 

This was my first tentative foray into serious sketching again after 6 months of cataract surgery issues...but now I'm sketching with my thumb in a strap due to an injury!


First sketch: Markers, biro, Handbook Journal 5.5" x 5.5"

Second sketch: #Sailorfude pen, watercolour, #MoleskineWatercolourNotebook, 5" x 8.25”


No comments:

Post a Comment