Thursday 21 July 2022

A Street Library

 Inspired by Urban Sketchers Nishant Jain (Vancouver) and Leonie Andrews (Canberra), I went back to finish this sketch of a street library in an outer suburb of Melbourne, Australia. It's housed in an old bar fridge with a plastic box on top. I spoke to the owner who told me his street library got featured in an article in the local gazette! He's an artist and the picture on the front of the fridge part is a print of one of his paintings. From the turnover of books it apparently is popular with the neighbourhood.


I had started this sketch a week ago, standing up with my sketchbook on the footpath but due to lack of time and cold I didn't finish it until yesterday afternoon when it was unusually warm and sunny (it has been a very cold winter). This time I took my stool to sit on and finished the sketch in comfort, adding colour from my tiny Art Toolkit palette. Mine is an empty palette filled with my own choice of colours.   

#Sailorfude pen, watercolour, #MoleskineWatercolourAlbum, 5x8”


No comments:

Post a Comment