Saturday 2 January 2021

Stories of Lockdown...Then and Now

 These are quick sketches done while doing my chores. Colour and text added at home.

The defiant owner of Harry’s Men’s Store (opposite the bulk food store shown in the sketch) made the news when he breached lockdown and opened his store. Locals flocked to support him. He was fined $10,000. I believe he is refusing to pay.




The 81 Bistro and Tap House has a new outdoor area but it’s slap bang alongside a very busy street. It can't be pleasant to sit there. 

I've never seen a lineup of beer kegs behind the 81 Bistro and Tap House in my neighbourhood. This was the sight on 15th December so I had to sketch it. Good that the business is up and running again after all those months it was closed during lockdown. 


#Sailorfude pen, watercolour, #Stillman&Birn Zeta Sketchbook, 7.5”x 7.5”


No comments:

Post a Comment