Sunday 9 April 2017

Out Gippsland Way

We made the most of the wonderful autumn weather with a drive out Gippsland way (that's the area east of Melbourne city). 

A stop for morning tea and sketch in a park opposite the Railway Hotel in the township of Warragul. I was expecting more of this service centre for agriculture and dairy farming but it was rather drab and run down.



Further east, a stop for lunch at the cafe strip in the tiny town of Yarragon. Someone here had some foresight to make this strip so pretty with gift shops, cafes and a rather nice art gallery. 





At Yarragon there is a little art store called Tritec Art Supplies. I was struck by their range of hand bound leather journals (SS brand. I think only for dry media). So tempting but I didn't buy any.


Sketching in the car was hard. Just toooo bumpy...but maybe I kinda like the sketches.




#TombowMarker, #HandbookJournal 5.5"x5.5"

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I see what you mean. Looks as if you were maybe drinking wine while sketching. LOL

    ReplyDelete