Wednesday 22 March 2017

The Old Cheese Factory

This beautiful spot was in the 1860s the site of the Springfield Homestead, Cheese Factory and Kitchen Wash House. The buildings surrounded by lovely gardens are now a popular venue for weddings, social functions, community group meetings and a monthly farmers’ market. On weekends the Homestead Cafe is open and serves wonderful Devonshire Teas (nothing can beat scones baked on the premises). 

I started putting in colour with watercolour pencils but changed my mind and decided to wait till I got home to use my watercolours.


Not sure I made the right choice. The homestead has disappeared in the busyness of the surroundings. This is a recurring problem of mine, I should have decided on what my focus was to be and left what was unimportant uncoloured. 


#LamyPen, watercolour, #Stillman&Birn Beta Sketchbook, 5.5x8.5ins.


No comments:

Post a Comment